Somerset College has made huge gains and is now graded 'outstanding' in five key areas, while retaining its overall good rating in the recent Ofsted inspection report of March 2011.
It rated the College outstanding in the areas of:
- Health and Social Care (including Early Years)
- Work with employers
- Partnerships with schools and community organisations
- Governance in strategic matters and meeting economic needs
The report also concluded the College provides a safe, harmonious and respectful environment for learners and staff.
For full details of the Ofsted inspection report please click here.
Ofsted also produces a Social Care Inspection report, in relation to Somerset College's residential provision for students under the age of 18. The College gained 3 outstanding and 2 good grades. To view this report please click here.
To read the College press release about the Ofsted report please click here.
Success and achievement rates:
- is in the top 10% of colleges for overall success rates
- is top in the UK for Engineering (16-18 year olds)
- has 97% achievement for Higher Education (HE)
- has 95% pass rate for Further Education (FE)
- has Apprenticeship success rates graded outstanding
- all ages outpaced national improvements / trends
The College also holds a number of valued external awards showing the standards it has attained across a broad range, from Investor in People to Positive About Disabled People awards. Please see Mission and Values in this About Us section for full details.
The College also holds a number of valued external awards showing the standards it has attained across a broad range, from Investor in People to Positive About Disabled People awards.
The Matrix Standard is a unique quality framework for the effective delivery of information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work. It is a quality standard for information advice and guidance services. The College's Customer Services Team achieved this prestigious national quality mark in recognition of the excellent service we offer. This was achieved as a result of a rigorous inspection during which the team were observered at work and the views of both students and partner agencies about our service delivery were taken into account.
The Investors in People Standard allows us to:
- Review current policies and practices against a recognised benchmark.
- Develop a framework for planning future strategy and action.
- Have a structured way to improve the effectiveness of our training and development activities.