Who is this course for?
Ideal for anyone who has a role in a business or organisation for book-keeping and computerised accounting. This is an essential introduction to SAGE computerised book-keeping and you can progress to AAT Level 2 after successful completion.
*This course runs subject to numbers.
The syllabus areas are as follows:
- Add new accounts to purchase/sales ledgers
- Create accounts in the nominal ledger from given information
- Process information in respect of the sales ledger ie invoices, credit notes and receipts
- Process information in respect of the purchase ledger ie invoices, credit notes and payments
- Calculate and reconcile all batch tokens as required
- Print out copies of ledgers, balances and accounts as required
- Error correction
- Produce and trial balance
Teaching and Assessment
Practical activities and practice questions leading to assessments as follows:
A 1 hour exam which takes the form of a case study in which it is assumed that the candidate is working in an accounts department using computerised system.
Career & Progression Opportunities
Knowledge of SAGE would genuinely enhance career opportunities and would also aid anyone studying or planning to study qualifications such as AAT or other finance units which form part of a business or administrative programme.
There are no formal entry requirements but knowledge of book-keeping procedures would be useful.
For further guidance and advice contact the Business Centre on 01823 366 555, or email email@example.com.