Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for florists currently qualified to a Level 3 and who should ideally possess relevant industry experience. It is designed to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their creative skills, design techniques and theoretical understanding.
There are 10 units that include:
- Botanical concepts
- Historical studies for floristry
- Event décor
- Business management
- Marketing and promotion
- Advanced design concepts and technical floristry skills such as, wired and glued designs, tieds, mediums and trend designs
Learners will develop major key skills in communication, information and business acumen. In addition learners will have opportunities to develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life and future career progression.
What makes this course special?
- Excellent classroom/site facilities and highly experienced teaching staff
- Opportunities of study tours to Holland and Spain
- Industry related activities
- Competition work
- Opportunities for contracted event decorating
- Expert tuition from a highly qualified and experienced team
- Unique and flexible course timetable
- Interesting field visits/study tours
Teaching and Assessment
There are three written programme assignments and two external exams, one of which is a practical.
Progression onto the Level 5 Master Diploma in Floristry, business ownership or teach floristry. After successful completion of the course students may use the letters HDF after their name and hold a full Level 4 Higher Diploma qualification in Floristry.
- Applicants should hold a Level 3 Floristry qualification and be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of industry skill levels
- Candidates will be required to supply their own floral materials and suitable range of tools and equipment
- 16 – 18: £2,660
- 19+: £2,660 *
* Eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan!
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials - costs estimated up to £800 depending on your chosen supplier
- Apron and full cover shoes
- Residential trips from £290 (optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory)
- Material costs for mock/actual practical exams at the end of the course.