Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for florists currently qualified to a Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry who are seeking progression to Level 5 in Professional Floristry. It is designed to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their design scheme creative skills, the latest techniques and theoretical understanding and enable business development and employment opportunities.
10 core units which include:
- Botanical concepts and practices
- Historical studies for floristry
- Event décor
- Business management
- Marketing and promotion
- Advanced design concepts and technical floristry skills including the latest trend designs
Learners will develop major key skills in communication, information and business acumen. In addition learners will have opportunities to develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance levels in working life and future career progression.
What makes this course special?
- Excellent classroom/site facilities and highly experienced teaching staff
- Opportunities of study tours to Holland and Spain
- Industry related activities
- Competition work
- Opportunities for contracted event decorating
- Expert tuition from a highly qualified and experienced team
- Unique and flexible course timetable held over the weekend once a month
- Interesting field visits/study tours
- Modules are taught via demonstrations, lectures, tutorials, and practical workshops
Teaching and Assessment
There are three integrated theory assignments and externally assessed written and practical exams.
After successful completion of this course students may use professional letters after their name and hold a City & Guilds full Level 5 Master Diploma of Professional Floristry.
Learners could enter the retail industry as senior staff or manager, start their own business or specialise in allied professions such as teaching, international/national competition judge, buying, corporate services and event management.
- Applicants should hold a Level 4 Floristry qualification and be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of industry skill levels
- Candidates will be required to supply their own floral materials and suitable range of tools and equipment
- 16 – 18: £2,660
- 19+: £2,660 *
*Eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan!
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials - costs estimated up to £800 depending on your chosen supplier
- Apron and full cover shoes
- Residential trips from £290 (optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory)
- Material costs for mock/actual practical exams at the end of the course