The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) houses the College library where you will find textbooks, reference books and periodicals to help you succeed with your studies. If you are studying a Higher Education (HE) course you can also benefit from the HE Study Centre which is also fully equipped with resources and study facilities.
Many of the resources we have for you can be accessed remotely from home. Both centres, the LRC and the HE Study Centre, are fully covered by the College's WiFi network and have PCs, Apple MACs and laptops for your use. You are also welcome to bring in your own laptop and use the WiFi connection.
The range of resources available to you include:
- Books, e-books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, theses
- SCOODLE- Virtual Learning Environment
- Accessibility facilities e.g. hearing loops, a text enlarger and specialist software
- Staff to support teaching and learning
- Electronic resources; eBooks, databases, eJournals, eNewspapers
- IT/computer equipment with internet access
- Scanning, copying, printing, laminating and binding services
- Electronic equipment for hire eg. laptops, cameras, camcorders
- Stationery and art materials for sale
- Study areas
- Group work areas
The Learning Resources Team are always on hand to help you search for the information and materials you need and teach you information handling and research skills that will help you make the best use of the resources available.
Our aim is to support your success by providing you with high quality library and elearning services.
Existing students registered for the internal system Scoodle can get more information on our Learning Resources Centre and access online resources by going to http://scoodle.somerset.ac.uk