The part-time Level 4 AIM Award Diploma in Counselling Practice is for those wishing to achieve professional status in counselling. This qualification enables learners to embark on counselling practice working within an ethical framework. The 100 hour supervised clinical placement requirement in this qualification is essential to the personal and professional development of the practitioner. You will be supported in looking for a placement but selected by the agency or counselling provider on your own merits.
All teaching staff are registered members or accredited registered members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The modules studied may include:
• Professional ethics and boundaries
• The complexities of the therapeutic relationship
• Self-critical and self-evaluative skills
• Developing supervision skills
• Understanding the effectiveness of supervision
Teaching and Assessment
This qualification is assessed through a combination of externally assessed exams, externally assessed study of supervised practice, internal assessments of essays and journals, and participation in personal and professional development.
On successful completion of the level 4 Diploma you will be eligible to apply for the Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic counselling. Alternatively you could use your Diploma to launch a career in counselling.
• You will need to have completed at least a level 3 programme in Counselling Skills and theory
• You will invited to participate in an individual interview with the course tutors
• You will need to demonstrate experience of using your counselling skills with people in a 1:1 capacity
• You will need to demonstrate an ability to reflect on personal development as well as acknowledge areas for development