This Foundation Degree will provide a rigorous study of the theory and principles underlying computing and digital technologies; developing and challenging students by establishing a high degree of expertise in the application, integration and critical evaluation of a range of computing and digital technologies, principles and practices.
The modules studied may include:
• Programming and Software Fundamentals
• Networking and Cyber Security Essentials
• 3D Visualisation and Interaction Fundamentals
• User Experience (UX) and Full Stack Development
• Digital Technologies Industry Project
Teaching and Assessment
Our specialist teaching staff have hands-on experience of working in computing, and offer expert tuition in labs and classrooms. Assessment is through a mix of assignments, practical work, reports and presentations. There are no formal examinations only coursework. As part of the course, you will be required to undertake projects both in groups and individually.
A prominent feature of the course is the use of in-course assessment, where modules are assessed by the course teaching team as you complete them. The focus of the degree is the final year computing project, showcasing your high level computer skills in a practical project of your choice. This course is delivered on-site each week across the academic year.
The Foundation Degree is a perfect platform for progression onto the BSc (Hons) Top-up Degree. You will be equipped with a range of computer skills that are all highly desirable to prospective employers.
Typically entrants will possess:
• 64 UCAS points at AS/A2 Level (minimum 32 points at A2 Level)
• or an equivalent Edexcel qualification (Extended Diploma – MPP/Diploma – MM)
• or a Pre-degree Access Diploma
Awarding Body: The Open University.