We are living in one of the most documented, recorded, analysed and inter-connected periods in our history with many aspects of our daily lives now being assisted by increasingly complex computerised technology. From smartphones and smart TVs to self-driving cars and big data systems, our economy places great importance on serious computing and programming skills to shape the future of society. Develop skills in computing and digital technologies and you’ll be employable the world over.
The modules studied may include:
• Advanced Programming and Software Engineering
• Web Application Development
• Virtual Reality and Immersive Technologies
• Advanced Networking and Cyber Security
• Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Smart Device Application Development
Teaching and Assessment
Our specialist teaching staff have hands-on experience of working in computing, and offer expert tuition in labs and classrooms. Assessment is through a mix of assignments, practical work, reports and presentations. There are no formal examinations only coursework. As part of the course, you will be required to undertake projects both in groups and individually.
A prominent feature of the course is the use of in-course assessment, where modules are assessed by the course teaching team as you complete them. The focus of the degree is the final year computing project, showcasing your high level computer skills in a practical project of your choice. This course is delivered on-site each week across theacademic year.
As a computing graduate, the world really is your oyster. You will be equipped with a range of computer skills that are all highly desirable to prospective employers. Moreover, you'll have experience of working in real-world environments where adaptability and the ability to handle pressure are essential.
Typically entrants will possess:
• 80 UCAS points at AS/A2 Level (minimum 32 points at A2 Level)
• or an equivalent Edexcel qualification (Extended Diploma – MMP/Diploma – DM)
• or a Pre-degree Access Diploma