This is an excellent way to gain a nationally recognised Level 5 qualification while working in the residential childcare sector.
This course builds on your existing knowledge and understanding, and develops skills that will promote quality, leadership, and management responsibilities.
The content includes the following areas:
• Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
• Manage risk in residential childcare
• Implement a positive relationship policy in residential childcare
• Lead practice to support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
• Lead networks and multi-agency work to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
Teaching and Assessment
A variety of methods can be used for gathering evidence towards a QCF portfolio, including assignments, case studies, direct observations, professional discussions, work products and reflective accounts.
Learners can progress into the relevant job role of registered manager.
Entry RequirementsThis course is suitable for learners aged 19 years and over, who are leading and managing others in residential children’s homes in England.