This course equips you with a nationally recognised qualification that enhances your workplace skills and helps prepare you to advance your career in the construction industry.
This is a professional qualification that provides the ideal foundation for further study, or helps you secure a job.
The Higher National Certificate (HNC) consists of eight units, covering key knowledge and practical skills for the sector.
The modules studied may include:
• Construction Practice & Management
• Legal and Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
• Construction Information (drawing, detailing and specification)
• Principles of Refurbishment
Teaching and Assessment
Assessment is by a mix of assignments, project work and some exams. Each module is assessed by means of a series of internally set assignments that involve a combination of scenario-based tasks linked to project work, practical exercises, timed tasks, individual study and presentations.
There are more than 30 career choices within the construction professions, so the HNC really does open doors. In addition, you could go on to study at HND or degree level.
People come to this course from a range of backgrounds, and there is no single specific entry requirement. However, applicants would be expected to have at least one of the following:
• A minimum of 48 UCAS points from a full Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
• a Level 3 National Diploma in Construction Other appropriate qualifications may be taken into consideration or relevant work experience.