This part-time, one day per week course is designed for those looking to develop a career in manufacturing engineering, with the emphasis on applying engineering principles to practical situations such as CAD/CAM and production lines. Studying in new, state of the art engineering facilities, with industry-standard equipment. The units studied are less challenging in the terms advanced mathematics than other HNCs on
The course is designed to provide
Example modules could include:
• Engineering Design
• Managing a Professional Engineering Project
• Production Engineering for Manufacture
• Quality and Process Improvement
• Machining and Processing of Engineering Materials
• Computer Aided Design and Manufacture (CAD/CAM)
• Engineering Maths
• Engineering Science
Teaching and Assessment
Continuous assessment of your performance will be carried out by means of assignments and may include laboratory work, investigations, projects, practical exercises and integrative assignments that link various subject areas, and formal examinations.
You could choose to progress onto an HND course or study a Degree course at a university of your choice. Alternatively, you could progress to employment. Graduates find roles within industries such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, energy and water.
Typically entrants will possess:
• Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject Mature applicants with relevant experience who do not have the stated entry requirements are encouraged to apply.