Apprenticeship programmes provide individuals with the opportunity to train on the job, gaining a National Recognised Qualification while earning a salary.
Whether you’re just starting your career, wanting to gain that qualification or wish to change career, an apprenticeship could be the answer.
Read why you should consider an apprenticeship.
At University Centre Somerset, we offer a range of higher education apprenticeships (level 4 and above), including Degree Apprenticeships. If the apprenticeship programme you choose requires on-site attendance, this will either be on a day release or block release basis, funded by your employer.
Once you have found and applied for your chosen Apprenticeship programme, our admissions team will invite you for an informal interview with the curriculum team. They will discuss the full programme information with you, clarify the entry requirements and answer any questions you may have. If they are happy that you meet all the criteria for the Apprenticeship, they will provide you with a conditional offer. If you haven’t done so already, it’s now up to you to find an employer.
Finding an employer
Should you have any questions about a particular vacancy, our Apprenticeship team are able to advise. Please email email@example.com.
We work with a huge range of employers whether they be Sole Traders, Small to Medium Employers or large Levy paying companies and can offer a free service that helps you to find the right employer.
There are three ways we recommend finding an employer;
- Visit Bridgwater & Taunton College's Apprenticeship Vacancy page for current opportunities
- Apply for advertised Vacancies. We advertise all our vacancies via the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) website
- Find an employer yourself. Learners often find employment by contacting employers directly. We can help with writing CVs and interview techniques, just ask our friendly apprenticeship team.
If you have already found an employer who is willing to take you on as an apprentice, please search and apply for an Apprenticeship using the search bar near the top of this page. The University Centre will then contact you and your employer to start your apprenticeship journey.
Are you an employer who could take on an apprentice? Find out more about partnering with us on our employer page. Alternatively, you can contact our team of Business Relationship Managers, who offer a single point of contact for all aspects of your workforce development needs. To get in touch, call 01278 655111, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apprenticeships facilitated through UCS
Past apprenticeships offered by UCS include:
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticehip
- Level 5 Nursing Associate
- Level 5 Lead Practictioner in Adult Care
- Level 4 Leader in Adult Care
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 5 Leadership and Management for Adult Care
- Level 4 Sports Coach
- Level 4 Countryside Ranger
- Level 4 Software Developer
- Level 4 Data Analyst
- Level 4 Construction Design and Build Technician
- Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician
- Level 4 Construction Site Engineering Technician
- Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor
- Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician
- Nuclear Engineering Degree Apprenticeship